This role will support quarterly forecasts, costs reports, review, and update Anaplan reports, capture physical data on Pronto to facilitate reporting for the mine and group consolidation.
- Assist in the implementation of sound cost management processes to guarantee that detailed cost management supports the overall financial governance and reporting requirements.
- Responsible for preparation of Capital Acquisition Request Forms (CARF) for projects and coordinating distribution approval and collection.
- Set up project accounts on Pronto following approval of projects. Close out projects in the approval system.
- Liaise / communicate project capitalisation with the Financial Accountant (ensure complete projects are transferred to the fixed asset register).
- Work with teams to ensure projects contents and costs are within specified scope of work and inform managers where budgets are under or overspent.
- Collating and capturing / upload physical data ((approved production statistics) into Pronto.
- Ensure warehouse stock issues have been captured / issued to the correct cost code and make adjustment where necessary. Make sure month-end cut-off procedures are adhered to for accurate reporting.
- Finalise cost reports (capture monthly accruals and adjustments) and share with Heads of Departments (HODs), assist teams with variance analysis, forecasting, utilisation of budgets etc.
- Assist HODs with budget reallocation requests for approval by the General Manager.
- Support the various teams during the budgeting process (quarterly and annual).
- Train mine operation teams on utilisation of Anaplan as a budgeting and reporting tool. Ensure teams use Anaplan reports and understand the information fully.
- Check data integrity, by ensuring Anaplan and Pronto data is aligned.
- Assist Operations team with ad-hoc cost/management accounting tasks as and when they request for support.
- Complete basic Anaplan (Sandfire’s planning solution) functional training.
- Liaise with Perth Planning team on any issues with Anaplan.
- Implement process and procedural improvements.
- Supervise the Assistant Cost Accountant.
- Any other functions as and when requested by management.
Qualifications: A degree in Accounting, Finance, AAT or equivalent.
Part qualification in a professional accounting qualification such as ACCA, CIMA,
CA/CPA will be viewed favourably.
Experience: At least ten years relevant experience as a cost accountant.
- Knowledge of Pronto ERP system.
- Highly developed Excel skills.
- High level of IT literacy and familiarity with BI tools.
- Excellent liaison and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise efficiently and effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent numerical skills
- Zero critical incidents
- 100% compliance with Sandfire’s OHS management system.
- 100% compliance with the Company’s Environmental policies and procedures.
Satisfactory results from the prescribed medical examination and which indicates fitness and ability to carry out prescribed tasks to required performance and safety standards.