To provide FLM (Firstline maintenance) to ensure optimal performance and reliability of the plant and/or equipment. Be responsible for the assembly, installation, testing functionality and operability, commissioning and decommissioning of instrumentations systems and associated system components.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure equipment or systems availability and reliability as per key performance targets
- Install, carry out preventative maintenance, diagnose faults and repair instrumentation and control systems and their associated system components under the relevant legislative and regulations like the Botswana Mines Quarries, Works and Machinery.
- Comply with relevant safe working procedures and advice on their relevance and effectiveness.
- Maintenance, calibration or configuration of field instruments.
- Maintenance and understanding of information and communication networks, and protocols
- Be able to handle a range of digital information, technology and equipment to support work related tasks and to communicate information.
- Ensure compliance to the Health, Safety and Environment management system
- Diploma, Or Equivalent in Electrical & Electronics Engineering or related.
- A Bachelor’s degree (Mechatronics, Robotic, Industrial Instrumentation etc.) in the related field will be an added advantage
- 3-5 years of working experience as a technician
- Experience on Mine Winding Plants, Conveyances, Compressors, Mining Ventilation fans is an added advantage
- Registered with the Botswana Engineers Registration Board (ERB) or any recognized body.
- Supervisory Training qualifications or experience
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships,
- Good effective communication
- Work inclusively to deliver work as per target.
- Demonstrate team working skills and interact with team members and be able to work cross functionally in a positive and professional manner.
- Be willing to learn, coach or transfer skills and share transfer knowledge
- Machine learning and computer vision application an added advantage
- Competent in at least 2 Programming languages like C or C++, Python etc.
- PLC programming using Ladder diagrams, Sequential function charts, function block diagrams
- Knowledge of IT networks, like WiFi, and other Internet Protocols
- Communication protocols like MODBUS, PROFIBUS, WIFI is essential.
- Ability to demonstrate PNR values and core competencies
Closing date: March 19, 2023