To execute the installation, maintenance, and modifications of instrumentation, communication, and control systems.
- Adheres to all quality assurance/governance protocols/principles in area of responsibility.
- Recommends and incorporates cost saving initiatives into budget and operates within approved parameters.
- Maintains equipment using appropriate maintenance technologies to ensure optimum equipment availability and reliability by identifying possible improvements & justifying the needs in operation, detailing technical specifications, testing & evaluating alternatives and making recommendations towards the selection process.
- Effects the implementation of new systems & equipment taking cognizance of specifications by performing detail design, device programming, configuration & calibration on equipment and commissioning & installation of equipment (instrumentation, electrical, mechanical & communication).
- Optimises equipment life cycle by monitoring equipment performance and making corrective recommendations.
- Perform repairs, installations and any work required to set up, align or otherwise prepare for operation, all electronic and instrumentation equipment/systems in area of responsibility.
- Performs operational checks, monitors performance and related maintenance to identify and diagnose instrumentation and electronic performance problems.
- Plans for work to be done by obtaining all relevant permits and carrying out risk assessments before commencing work, identifying, and prioritising work that needs to be done and highlighting it to the supervisor, providing information for the development of work schedules and keeping track of spares and consumables inventory in area of responsibility and communicates to supervisor accordingly.
- Attends to all administrative functions of the position, taking cognisance of the need to create an audit trail by carrying out and observing all associated administrative and clerical procedures, documenting problems, progress checking and ensuring all diagnostic information is provided for error resolution and incident analysis.
- Identifies, plans, and executes projects in line with accepted project management principles to enhance, improve and optimise operations.
- Adheres to all safety, health and environment policies and procedures in area of responsibility.
- Identifies and implements creative and innovative ideas in order to improve the Mini Business Unit performance.
- Maintains effective relationships with clients/partners/customers to ensure achievement of Mini Business Unit objectives.
- Takes responsibility for providing excellent services by developing self, applying skills, knowledge, and experiences to improve and measure one’s performance against set standards.
- PLC& SCADA systems
- Electrical and Electronics circuits
- Techniques of calibrating electronics equipments
- Computer Skills
- Telemetry Systems
- Access Control, CCTV systems, Telephone systems, IT based Networks, Domain based Control systems, Vehicle monitoring systems, Wireless systems.
- Policy and Procedures
- Service Delivery
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Change Leadership
- Impact and Influence
- Developing Others
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Business Acumen
- Managing Performance and Holding People Accountable
- Planning, Coordination & Execution
- Concern for Safety, Health, and the Environment (SHE)
- Service Orientation
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Diploma In Control and Instrumentation/Electrical & Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
- 2 years post qualifying experience or successful completion of the Technician Development Program (TDP) in relevant trade.
- Professional Registration by Engineers Registration Board (ERB).
- Knowledge of SHE Management System ISO 45001: 2018 and ISO 14001: 2015.
We offer competitive salary package. Prospective candidates must be medically and physically fit and willing to work in an Underground Coal Mining Environment and meet demanding schedules. Candidates who meet the above requirements must apply with certified copies of certificates and a comprehensive curriculum vitae addressed to:
HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Morupule Coal Mine, Private Bag 35 PALAPYE
Closing date: 20 February 2023
PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND THROUGH FAX AND NOTE THAT RESPONSES WILL ONLY BE MADE TO APPLICANTS CONSIDERED FOR INTERVIEW