CONTROL & INSTRUMENTATION TECHNICIAN (X1) MORUPULE-RE-ADVERTISEMENT
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 04 October 2023
Main purpose of the position
To implement, monitor, and supervise the maintenance and repair of control & instrumentation equipment in accordance with the set specifications, standards and safety procedures to ensure optimal plant availability.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses equipment and systems for emergency repairs, performs maintenance inspections, assists specialists in setting up and testing new products/processes.
- Provides technical advice and support to staff on the maintenance and repair of plant equipment and determines priorities to effect repairs in a timely manner to ensure that the job is completed successfully.
- Implement approved modifications on Instrumentation and Control Systems to optimise performance and address repetitive faults.
- Liaises with and monitors contractors on new system upgrades to ensure conformity to standards and specifications.
- Carries out Plant Protection and Interlock Tests in accordance with statutory requirements to ensure functionality of the protection system and that the plant can be safely operated and produces test certificates where appropriate.
- Coordinates outages for C&I maintenance purposes and prepares reports on the activities of the maintenance.
- Identifies risk areas and makes recommendation on maintenance schedules and procedures for review and approval by the supervisor.
- To interpret and suitably use IEC/ISA/IEEE standards when Preforming tests and quality assurance tasks conducts Planned maintenance task observations for maintenance works by mechanicians.
- Works independently to collate and analyse data using pre-determined tools, methods and formats.
- Compiles and documents recurring faults, defects and repairs to ensure systematic maintenance of the C&I equipment and reduce downtimeProvides preliminary data for Root Cause Analyses.
- Performs prescribed project management activities following existing procedures.
- Manages the motivation and discipline of staff in area of responsibility in line with laid down procedures to realize the Corporation’s objectives.
- A recognized Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
- A valid Class B Driver’s license.
- At least three (3) years post qualification in a control & instrumentation environment.
- Exposure to a power plant enviroment will be an added advantage.
- Drive For Results
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Skills
- Management Excellence
- Values Ethic and Integrity
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Thinking
- Process Management
- Action Oriented
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 04 October 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.