CONTROL & INSTRUMENTATION MECHANICIAN (X3) RE-ADVERTISEMENT
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 5 March 2023.
Main purpose of the position
To install, maintain, repair, calibrate, test, commission and service power station control and instrumentation equipment, efficiently and effectively in accordance with set standards, specifications and safety requirement to ensure optimal plant availability.
- Performs a variety of standard tests.
- Selects appropriate data from information provided by others and inputs that data into spreadsheets or standard formats.
- Provides preliminary information for Root Cause Analysis.
- Works within current compliance processes, systems and procedures and reports shortcomings.
- Performs housekeeping tasks by following established procedures.
- Implements improvements and carries out change management tasks by following established procedures.
- Performs standard installation, maintenance, calibration, repair and commisioning activities following standard procedures.
- Troubleshooting technical and/or operational problems by applying previously defined standards.
- Operates various repair and calibration equipment and field drives during field testing following set standards.
- Performs testing and quality assurance tasks in accordance with set standards.
- Operates in accordance with policies and procedures , while performing routine safety checks on own equipment and workspace.
- Contributes to the development of risk assessments.
- A recognized National Craft Certificate (NCC) in Control and Instrumentation or equivalent.
- A valid Class B Driver’s license
- Direct Entry.
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Drive For Results
- Interpersonal Skills
- Management Excellence
- Problem Solving
- Process Management
- Team Player
- Values Ethic and Integrity
- Zero Harm
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 5 March 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.