CONTROL & INSTRUMENTATION ENGINEER(X2) MORUPULE
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 16 December 2023
Main purpose of the position
To organise and control the instrumentation department to ensure that plant maintenance is carried out to acceptable standards to ensure high plant availability and Instrumentation reliability
- Coordinates, allocates responsibilities, and supervises technicians to ensure consolidation and resolution of department sectional issues.
- Provides technical support and solutions to technicians in the department.
- Liaise with the operations and other maintenance departments and makes recommendations on tests to optimise boiler and turbine control systems to run efficiently and reliably.
- Identifies and recommends the replacement of obsolete and unreliable control systems and equipment.
- Recommends and implements modifications to control and instrumentation systems after approval to improve efficiency.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses control systems at the Application/ Supervisory and Control level for emergency repairs, applies expertise to lead major equipment re-builds and guides planned installation of control systems.
- Reviews and approves control system designs, operations and maintenance programmes, standards, and procedures to ensure plant and equipment availability and reliability.
- Helps senior colleagues manage internal client and customer relationships by using sales/client systems and protocols.
- Manages relationships with clients to ensure their needs are met while supporting senior colleagues in managing more important client and customer relationships.
- Analyse key themes using data from a wide range of sources and identifies possible impacts on the business.
- Conducts Root cause analysis
- Review the performance of employees as per the BPC Performance Management system and as per the target dates and is monitored within the set timeframes.
- Improves personal performance and coaches’ others when required using performance management systems and protocols. Implement and manage effective Performance Management system throughout BPC and to ensure the success of the programme.
- Delivers own prescribed outcomes and/or provides support services by using the organization’s safety, health and environment systems and protocols.
- Investigates all incidents/accidents associated with the operation of any plant and implement remedial action and improvements identified to prevent and minimise future incidents and accidents.
- Develops baseline risk assessment for area of responsibility and ensures compliance to risk controls.
- Develops and/or delivers for approval operational and capital budget plans for own Section to the Senior Engineer.
- Responsible for System administration of Industrial Distributed Control and SCADA systems for own section
- A recognised degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering or Equivalent.
- Must be registered with the Engineers Registration Board
- At least five (5) years post qualification experience of which two (2) years should have been supervisory level.
- Knowledge and experience of the electricity industry in general, and power generation will be an advantage.
- Experience in experience in Control and Instrumentation systems environment required.
- Drive For Results
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Skills
- Management Excellence
- Values Ethic and Integrity
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Thinking
- Process Management
- Action Oriented
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 16 December 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.