CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATOR (X1)
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 4th October 2023.
Main purpose of the position
To provide contract analysis, reporting and contract administration services to meet set contractual requirements for efficient business operations. The role provides specialist advice to the business on contract management matters.
- Delivers prescribed outcomes for area of responsibility by working within established strategic planning systems.
- Delivers required outcomes by working within an established project management plan.
- Delivers prescribed outcomes and/or provides paralegal support services while operating within the organization’s established legal systems and protocols.
- Manages and delivers required outcomes for a portfolio of contracts and negotiates service level agreements while planning, coordinating and supervising activities related to major contracts.
- Supports others so they can use and benefit from the existing external communications systems.
- Identifies shortcomings, suggests improvements and implements approved revisions to current compliance processes, systems and procedures within assigned unit and/or discipline.
- Identifies shortcomings in existing processes, systems and procedures, then uses established change management programs to deliver prescribed outcomes and/or provide support services.
- Develops and/or delivers a plan for significant aspects of internal communications with guidance from senior colleagues.
- Delivers prescribed outcomes for area of responsibility by working within established knowledge management systems.
- Uncovers emerging issues and/or needs and identifies potential causes, related issues, key stakeholders and barriers.
- Provides input into the development of procedures for an area within the organization, then monitors the implementation of those procedures.
- Delivers prescribed outcomes from a designated part of the development/engineering program by selecting the best possible approaches available within established systems.
- Develops new methods, tools and programs for quality assurance while leading developmental initiatives and/or programs within an area of expertise.
- Recommends ways to improve support for operations by changing policies, processes, standards and practices.
- Identifies and evaluates complex expertise-led solutions against a range of criteria to find the ones that best meet business needs.
- Delivers own prescribed outcomes and/or provides support services by using the organization’s safety, health and environment systems and protocols.
- A recognized Degree in Engineering or Equivalent.
- Post Qualification in Contract Management or law will be an added advantage.
- Membership of the Engineers Registration Board (ERB) is required.
- A valid Class B Driver’s License is required
- At least five (5) years post qualification professional experience.
- At least three (3) years must be in a contract management environment.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in planning and managing resources to deliver predetermined objectives as specified by management.
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Drive For Results
- Interpersonal Skills
- Management Excellence
- Problem Solving
- Process Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Values Ethic and Integrity
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 4th October 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.