CONTACT CENTRE MANAGER-GABORONE
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 16th December 2023.
Main purpose of the position
Manage and direct all aspects of BPC Contact Centre Operations by conducting needs assessments, capacity planning and cost/benefit analyses; identifying and evaluating state of the art technologies; defining user requirements; establishing customer-service standards; monitoring and evaluating system performance; and implementing quality assurance programs to enable realization organisational business plans and reviews.
- Manage and direct BPC Contact Centre operations & determine Contact Centre operations strategies
- Conduct needs assessments, capacity planning and cost/benefit analysis
- Identify and evaluate state of the art technologies; defining user requirements; establishing customer-service standards.
- Develop the Contact Centre operations strategy and ensure that it is aligned to the Customer experience and enables achievement of business goals guided by leading practice.
- Redesign core-processes to improve overall customer care & experience.
- Expand on service segmentation strategies to differentiate on customer value.
- Constantly build knowledge of thought leading customer care to ensure that the organization becomes the reputed leader in creating the best & most consistent customer care
- Provision of effective customer service management through call quality standards and call quality management.
- Recommend improvements in customer service processes, procedures, policies, and standards.
- Collaborate with the relevant stakeholders in managing department specific risks and ensure appropriate and timeous escalation of risks and issues taking place.
- Define requirements for external partners (outsourcing) in line with overall customer care strategy goals and ensure appropriate partners are aligned.
- Incorporate leading multi channels delivery practices to meet evolving customer needs and business needs.
- Negotiates without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on how to help the organization by obtaining consensus between two or more internal or external parties who may have different interests.
- Develop and manage a medium sized budget (revenue and cost) and validate against strategy.
- Analyse and interpret financial results/reports, understand the interaction between ratios, busines deliverables and strategy. Set budget for the Section including the setting of goals and targets.
- Manage financials and associated controls in respect of the Section (effective cost control).
- Manage departmental budgets including signing off of invoices and quotes within mandate.
- Monitor expenditure against approved budgets and put measures in place to address variances.
- Identify areas for improved efficiency and reduced cost.
- Produces reports through assessment of historical data and trends to reflect performance and shares them with relevant stakeholders to close identified gaps and improve service delivery.
- Communicates data quality issues and proposes improvement plans with relevant departments to close identified gaps.
- Implements quality assurance programs to enable realization organisational business plans and reviews.
- Engages customer segments to gain insights on Contact Centre service levels, products offerings and solutions in order to identify client needs and ways to improve delivery.
- Promotes Contact Centre services by providing Marketing and Communications with briefs to educate customers on service provided at Contact Centre.
- Develops and implements customer service initiatives and processes to increase customer satisfaction.
- Determine and analyse development needs for the team and ensure that identified training requirements are budgeted for and executed.
- Create effective work schedules to ensure that Contact Centre remains accessible to customers
- Manage disciplinary issues and grievances of staff within the Contact Centre as per laid down BPC policies and procedures.
- Operates in accordance with policies and rules, while performing routine safety checks on own equipment and workspace.
- Recognised Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management/Administration/Marketing, Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, from a recognised University
- Minimum of Seven (7) years post qualification, three (3) years should have been at Supervisory level in a Customer Service or Contact Centre environment
- Experience in Power utility environment will be an added advantage
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Drive For Results
- Interpersonal Skills
- Management Excellence
- Problem Solving
- Process Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Values Ethic and Integrity
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 16th December 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.