CONDITION MONITORING TECHNICIAN (X1)
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 15th February 2023.
Main purpose of the position
- Conducts routine equipment health audit and drive resolution on identified defects in accordance with standards and procedure to prevent catastrophic failure.
- Performs Non-Destructive Testing in accordance with standards and procedures.
- Collects, analyse and interpret data of power plant equipment to initiate corrective actions and propose improvements to enhance reliability and availability in accordance to standard operational procedures.
- Carry out prescribed stakeholder management activities by following existing procedures.
- Identifies appropriate inspection techniques and methods of analysis that are in line with best practices and recommend appropriate solutions
- Operates in accordance with policies and procedures, while performing routine safety checks on equipment and workspace.
- Contributes to the development of risk assessments
- Participates in safety inspections and reports on findings to maintain safety of personnel and good housekeeping of the plant.
- A recognized Diploma in Mechanical / Non-Destructive Testing or equivalent.
- Certification of vibration analysis or any other condition monitoring and non-destructive testing technology is an added advantage.
- Must be registered with the Engineers Registration Board
- A valid Class B Driver’s license
- At least three (3) years post qualification in an industrial maintenance environment.
- Supervisory experience would be an added advantage
- Drive For Results
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Skills
- Management Excellence
- Values Ethic and Integrity
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Thinking
- Process Management
- Action Oriented
- Showing Community and Social Responsibility
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 15th February 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.