COMPENSATION & BENEFITS OFFICER (X1) SIX (6) MONTHS FIXED TERM CONTRACT-GABORONE
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 04 October 2023.
Main purpose of the position
To administer and implement the Corporation’s Compensation and Benefits initiatives by providing advise and solutions to the business in accordance with the laid down policies and procedures
- Initiate compensation and benefits packages that fit and are also in accordance with our business goals and strategies
- Administer the Corporation’s Compensation & benefits program
- Carry out market benchmark & advise the business on the best compensation programs
- Process information on the annual Cost of Living Adjustments
- Data collection and analysis for annual remuneration surveys.
- Analyse salary surveys and provide advise on the appropriate compensation across all departments.
- Monitor and analyse employee static data and reconciliations from the system.
- Documentation and preparation of monthly RACM sampling.
- Administration of HR Information Systems processes
- Provide information support through generating reports from the HR system
- Compile and analyse reports as follows:Overtime reports; Monthly key control self-assessments (RACM); Leave reports; Provide support to Compensation & Benefits Manager with monthly payroll information; Trends analysis; OD weekly & monthly reports
- Compute Benefits such as remuneration packages (offers) & terminal benefits (Gratuity, severance, leave pay).
- Reconcile Staff Medical Aid Administration with payroll/ service providers and advise HR Relationship Managers on appropriate adjustments to payment.
- Conduct monthly payroll and benefits variance analysis and advise Payroll and HR Services of anomalies and remediation plan.
- Initiate changes and amendments to existing policies to align with best practice, best fit and legislation.
- Quality assure submissions for processing and advise HR Relationship Managers on Policy application.
- Attend to customer enquiries, complaints, requests and queries to their satisfaction with the assistance of the HR Team as a whole.
- Avail information to Customers/Stakeholders as requested to maintain good working relationships between the BPC and the third parties
- Delivers own prescribed outcomes and/or provides support services by using the organisations safety, health and environment systems and protocols.
- Compliance with organisational and statutory health and safety policies and procedures in the provision of HR services.
- A minimum of a Degree in Human Resources Management or related field.
- Professional membership from a credible institution will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of four (4) years relevant post qualification experience in an Organisational Development environment or Human Resources Payroll
- Knowledge of MS Office suite, Spreadsheets and HR Information Systems (HRIS) is required.
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Drive For Results
- Interpersonal Skills
- Management Excellence
- Problem Solving
- Process Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Values Ethic and Integrity
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 04 October 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.