Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote and coordinate grassroots engagement initiatives implemented and fostered by PNR.
- Facilitate the smooth liaison and engage with local community, stakeholders and PNRB, by maintaining regular contact and networking in line with Community Engagement Plans and reinforce a positive representation of PNR to the Community.
- Set up, Plan and oversee engagements with local community, government authorities and or with any other agencies or person if so requested, including organizing meeting spaces in line with the PNR engagement plan.
- Attend and participate in community events, meetings, and forums. Keep abreast of community news and developments.
- Maintain detailed and accurate record of meetings including agendas, meeting minutes, follow-up/action points.
- Ensure that communities at mining sites are kept abreast of the project developments and communication channels remain open with them.
- Respond to community concerns by ensuring that they are brought to the attention of the PNRB management and facilitate the process of resolving the issue.
- Identify opportunities for the organization to get involved in the community. Develop and implement community outreach programs.
- Write articles, press releases, and other materials to promote the organization in the community.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Report and monitor engagement actions and plans.
- Continuously provide feedback to PNR on community concerns and priorities with the view to revise intervention strategies where necessary.
- Schedule outreach meetings with local community members to discover their issues and concerns and monitor the PNR social license closely.
- Advise on the design of and support the execution of the beneficiary assessments to be conducted when ESG projects are being completed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Business or related field.
- 5 years relevant work experience.
- Demonstrable knowledge of ESG frameworks, standards and trends is required.
- Advanced skills in writing and report preparation are required.
- Demonstrated experience in working with multiple stakeholders to successfully execute action plans.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including in a culturally diverse or multi-disciplinary environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent contacts with colleagues, government officials, community representatives and contractors.
- Ability to demonstrate PNR values and core competencies
Closing date: March 19, 2023