This role is important in supporting the organisation around collateral registration within the stipulated turnaround times. Failure to diligently carry out this function will compromise the Bank’s collateral and operational efficiency.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- To receive instruction together with supporting documents for registration for an approved loan facility from Credit Origination Management to register collateral as per the set loan conditions together with the Loan Approval Report.
- To draft and ensure signature of instruction letters to register Mortgage Bonds, Deeds of Transfer by the External Service Providers as per the loan conditions.
- To register all collateral/security with Deeds Registry Office i.e., Deeds of Hypothecation and Certificates of Indebtedness.
- To prepare Deeds of Cession in accordance with the loan conditions.
- To inform the relevant Business Units upon receipt of registered collateral from Deeds Registry Office/External Service Providers
- To update the Collateral Register upon receipt of instructions and/or registered.
COMPLIANCE & GOVERNANCE
- To ensure adherence to all company/business specific policies, processes, and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Administration / Law or related.
- Knowledge of conveyancing work.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a legal environment.
Closing date: September 08, 2023