Reporting to the Head of Client Relations, the purpose of this role is to execute the on-going monitoring of the Bifm client retention strategy and business development initiatives for Institutional Clients. In addition, the candidate will be required to sell and support business development initiatives of the BIFM Unit Trusts through synergies from the Institutional business.
This is a key role which contributes to the client retention and growth strategy of the business.
Key Performance Areas:
• Acquisition of new clients to increase assets under management.
• Management of the onboarding process, including Client Transitions
• Identification of market trends, peer analysis and new product development opportunities.
• Building long-term relationships with prospective and existing clients
• Coordinate and conduct investment report backs, adhoc business presentations and trustee training
• Provision of client communication tools designed to increase retention and client satisfaction between company and clients.
• Strengthen customer relationships through the adoption of an adequately planned Customer Relationship Management (CRM) strategy.
• Ensure timeous processing of client requests and query resolution
• Design action plans and ensure implementation to address shortcomings highlighted in client satisfaction surveys.
• Produce monthly reports for the consumption of the Executive Management team.
• Participate in the development of the department’s annual budget based on sound financial and business principles and monitor expenses through the performance of a budget variance analysis.
Qualifications & Work Experience
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business-related field plus at least 5 years’ experience in a relationship management role in the Financial Services Industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial markets is a key requirement for this role.
- A business-related post-graduate qualification will be an added advantage.
Key skills required
• Business Acumen: A strong background in Business Development and Management.
• Business Development: Capability to attract and retain new and existing clients. Five (5) years of work experience within the financial services environment, at least 3 years of which were at a supervisory level.
• Technological awareness: Solid knowledge and understanding of information and communication technologies.
• Financial Acumen: Knowledge of finance, economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis & reporting of financial data.
Application Deadline: November 17, 2023