Main Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the Construction manager, the incumbent will be responsible for on-site management of civil, structural and earthworks activities of approved expansion, business improvement and stay in business projects within the MCM project’s portfolio.
Main responsibilities will include.
- Monitor performance of Contractor
- Co-ordinate and direct Contractor
- Review Contractor method statements
- Ensure compliance to project specifications and construction drawings
- Compliance to site quality control procedure
- Play active role in developing safety culture
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- A Diploma or Degree in Engineering (Civil, Structural and/or Construction Management)
- Must have at least 8 years project construction experience, as Civil and Earthworks Supervisor or Engineer within mining projects environment
- Self-motivated and strong leadership skills, with the ability to work owners’ team and/or project management office environment
- Knowledge of SHE management systems
- Motivated self-starter with high energy level, action orientation and ability to follow through to completion
- Excellent communication, presentation skills and an influential negotiator
- Excellent technical knowledge around construction and project management
- Ability to prioritize and plan effectively
We offer a competitive salary package. Prospective candidates must be medically and physically fit and willing to work in a coal mining environment and meet demanding schedules. Candidates who meet the above requirements need apply with copies of certified certificates and comprehensive curriculum vitae that specifically meets the requirements of the role described above and is addressed to:
Head of Human Resources
Morupule Coal Mine, Private Bag 35 PALAPYE
Closing date: 23 January 2023
PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND THROUGH FAX AND NOTE THAT RESPONSES WILL ONLY BE MADE TO APPLICANTS CONSIDERED FOR INTERVIEW.