We are looking for dynamic and energetic individuals to fill the following positions:
Chief Risk Officer tenable in Gaborone
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be primarily responsible for partnering with stakeholders to provide trusted, valued risk management and compliance services that achieve the appropriate balance between risk and reward for delivery of Company objectives.
• Lead and direct the risk, audit, legal forensic and compliance function in support of business objectives.
• Formulation and implementation of the Botswana’s risk strategy together with risk measurement, monitoring and reporting tools in line with the Momentum Metropolitan’s Risk strategy.
• Development of risk and compliance governance structures within the country to facilitate the appropriate, accurate and timely flow of information.
• Fostering of a risk aware culture through integrated and embedded risk into business practices.
• Provision of oversight and direction on the implementation of the risk management and compliance framework and solutions (e.g. assurance, hedging, reinsurance etc.) within the country, ensuring that the company remains within its risk appetite.
• Management reporting of the company’s risk profile and outcome of Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA).
• Report on the effectiveness of the implementation of risk management within the company and identifies improvements that are required.
• Assure legislative compliance of the business.
• Participation in Momentum Metropolitan Africa-wide risk governance structures, policies and frameworks for continuous integration, collaboration and alignment of risk and compliance practices across the group.
• Provision of business advisory on the risk and compliance implications within the business including AML/CFT controls.
• Monitoring and accounting for forensic investigations within the legal framework and designated policies and procedures, in order to minimize risk and reduce losses to the Group.
• Act as principal liaison person between the Business Unit and the Regulator, the Non-Bank Financial Institutions Regulatory Authority.
• Strategic leadership.
• Development and management of strategic relationships.
• Business acumen.
• Results Driven.
• Change leadership and Innovation.
• Impact and Influence.
• Client/Stakeholder Commitment.
• Self-Awareness and Insight.
• Diversity and Inclusiveness.
• Growing Talent.
• Integrity and Governance.
• Communication with impact.
• Motivating and Inspiring Team.
• Degree in Law, Business, Finance or related qualification.
• Associate of the Insurance Institute of South Africa (AIISA).
• 8-10 years’ experience in risk management or compliance within an insurance and/or financial services environment.
• Minimum of 5 years at senior management level in insurance and/or financial services.
• Knowledge of the financial services, health, insurance and investment industry and regulatory requirements.
• Understanding of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA) and Solvency Assessment and Management (SAM) practices and philosophy.
• Previous successful vetting as Principal Officer of an insurance company is an added advantage.
• The candidate must meet all regulatory requirements.
If you fit any of the below profiles, please forward your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline: 19th March 2021
Leave A Comment