It’s time to stand on your own feet and prove yourself in an environment where you will be given an unprecedented amount of strategic and operational responsibility. This is a truly unique opportunity, for an investment specialist with a flair for management, to stretch yourself and prove your mastery in achieving superior and consistent returns against industry benchmarks.
Reporting to the CEO, and as a member of Exco, you will contribute to the formulation of Bifm business strategy and develop and implement appropriate investment management strategies. Managing the Asset allocation strategy for the Client Mandates will include: assessment of each individual asset class valuation and making decision on the overall portfolio.
Key Performance Areas
You will be responsible for offshore manager selection and monitoring, research oversight across all asset classes: listed and unlisted, as well as ensuring effective management of all client investment investment portfolios
All aspects of compliance and effective management of a team of investment professionals.
- Actively participate and contribute to the formulation of Bifm business strategy as part of the Executive Committee management team
- Develop and implement appropriate investment management strategies and plans in alignment with Bifm business strategy to ensure achievement of Bifm strategic objectives
- Ensure the development and implementation of policies, processes and procedures for the effective management of clients’ investment portfolios
- Manage and ensure the provision of consistent superior returns per mandate for all clients by structuring portfolios for optimal returns with due consideration of identified risk
- Committees and board report submissions
- Manage portfolios in terms of cash flows to ensure constant rebalancing of portfolios on a daily basis
- Manage and ensure availability of finance and economic information to facilitate management decision making
Coordinate and maintain Bifm’s investment “in-house view” in line with the overall investment view which include:
- Generating an in-house view as required in line with market dynamics
- Ensuring implementation of in-house view in respect of all client portfolios
- Report investment performance of all portfolios to clients on a quarterly basis
- Structure how clients’ local and international assets are held to ensure efficiency of asset class holdings
Stakeholder Relationship Management:
- Ensure client retention through the maintenance of sound relationships with all clients Client satisfaction and retention of asset management business
- Ensure client satisfaction through optimal returns on investment funds
- Maintain effective relations with all relevant internal stakeholders across the group
- Monitor and ensure that investment management complies with all relevant statutory, regulatory, prudential rules and mandate requirements at all times Consistency of regulatory and client mandate compliance and addressing audit matters.
- Participate in the identification of relevant existing and potential risks, and in the development of effective mitigative plans and initiatives
- Ensure that all staff are appropriately trained, skilled and that their expertise is optimally applied
- Review and manage performance to ensure that staff deliver on agreed performance plans and targets, and recommend performance-related rewards and promotions when applicable
- Ensure that the working environment contributes to improving staff morale and increasing productivity
- Provide leadership that demonstrates the values of the company
Critical Skills & Competencies
- Strategic visioning and execution
- Technical asset management expertise
- Business or commercial orientation
- General insurance regulation & corporate governance
- Financial literacy
- Stakeholder relationship management
- Effective decision making
- Customer orientation
- Team leadership and management
- Proven background in team leadership, investment strategy formulation, investment research and analysis, portfolio management
- Planning and development of new business towards the achievement of defined business objectives
- A minimum of 10 years’ post qualification experience.
- At least 5 years gained at a senior managerial capacity in investment management
- CFA qualified
- A relevant degree (Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering)
- The company offers an attractive remuneration package with benefits.
Closing date: August 26, 2023