MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Responsible for directing the fiscal functions of BMC in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, and other regulatory and advisory institutions in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the industry.
- Establishes prudent financial management and assets optimization.
- Oversees the application of ‘best practice’ standards in financial management, business process/systems management.
- Ensures that Finance Team is well resourced and balanced, and its activities is well prioritized through planning, financial forecasting, budgeting, and monitoring.
- Monitors and revises the BMC budget in line with changing demands and projected out-turns.
- Ensures effective control and management of BMC’S income and expenditure, and provides meaningful, accurate and timely management accounting and performance measurement information to the CEO.
- Ensures implementation of reliable governance and internal control structures to minimize operational risks.
- Provides policy guidance and facilitates the development and approval of sound financial management policies, and programs to optimize accounting services within BMC.
- Compile and submit accurate financial data in accordance with prescribed statutory requirements
- Prepares and manages BMC budget, authorizes expenditures in accordance with delegated limits.