Vacancy No. 22 of 2023
Main Purpose of the Job
To coordinate the implementation of airport security and safety measures and requirements in line with approved policies, standards, practices and programmes including the Airport Emergency Plans, provision of all airport security and safety services and that Airports operate in accordance with the approved International Civil Aviation Organization Standards and Recommended Practices, ICAO standards in order to meet the strategic objectives of the Authority.
- Bachelor’s degree in Aviation Security Management/ Aviation Law or equivalent, Security Management or equivalent from a recognized institution
- Aviation security or airport operations management courses, including supervisor’s course, airport security and crisis management.
- Knowledge of aviation security rules and regulations including relevant ICAO Annexes.
- A minimum of nine (9) years relevant post qualification experience, 6 years of which should have served at senior supervisory level.
- Problem solving
- Excellent knowledge and clear understanding of the role and objectives of the Authority
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the airside/ landside safety and security standards and requirements.
- Leadership and results orientation
- Sound management skills including organizing, planning and implementation of operational plans.
- Creative thinking and negotiation skills
- Job knowledge and work ethics and customer service
- Integrity and teamwork
- Coaching, counselling, mentoring and assessment of subordinates to help them develop to their full potential.
- Excellent work ethics, communication and interpersonal skills
Core Areas of Responsibility
- Business Reporting
- Safety Management
- Service Quality
- Security Management & Optimization
- Airport Security Policy Development
- MOPS Development
- ICAO/CAAB Standards Compliance
Suitably qualified candidates are requested to submit application letters with detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of certificates to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 03 November 2023
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.