Botswana Examinations Council (BEC) is mandated under Section 5 of the Botswana Examinations Council Act CAP 58:03 (as Amended by BEC Amendment Act No. 19 of 2020) to manage and conduct examinations and assessment in general education and Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET). BEC has developed a new strategy and consequently, a new structure that is aligned to the strategy. The organization wishes to attract into the following positions, results oriented professionals, with solid leadership experience, who are driven by a passion for excellence.
– CENTRE QUALITY ASSURANCE OFFICER I X 4
Main Purpose Of The Job
Conduct inspections of assessment centres pre-exams and during live exams in order to ascertain their compliance with BEC’s rules, regulations, standards and practices for administration of assessment
Key performance areas:
• Carry out inspections to award centre status to new Institutions wanting to be assessment centres
• Undertake inspection visits (pre-exams and during live exams) to centres operating timetabled assessments to check compliance to set standards
• Verify and ensure that the examination process has integrity and BEC regulations are being applied consistently
• Provide written feedback to both the centre and the Centre Quality Assurance Manager on a centre’s compliance with the regulations
• Undertake detailed investigations in cases of gross non-compliance
• Flag issues of non-compliance as necessary to the Manager and make recommendations
• Issue warnings and or apply appropriate penalties and sanctions to a centre, as per instructions from the Manager
Qualification & Experience
• At least a Degree in Educational Management or a relevant field from a recognised institution. Good knowledge, interpretation and application of legislations, regulations, standards, policies, procedures and best practices governing the administration of assessments
• At least 4 years’ experience post-qualification in quality assurance policies, procedures, principles and practices, of which 2 years should have been at junior professional/ technician level or its equivalent.
• Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• Networking and relationship building
• Organisational Skills
If you meet the above requirements pleases submit you application letters including updated curriculum vitae with three (3) traceable referees, certified Omang and certified certificates to:
The Director Human Capital Private Bag 0070
And e-mail application firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Applications with incomplete documentation or received after the closing date will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is the 1st December 2023.