CATEGORY SOURCING PARTNER (X1) RE-ADVERTISEMENT
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 05th March 2023.
Main purpose of the position
- Develops and implement administrative procedures to ensure compliance to procurement processes.
- Process procurement documents using established procedures and testing new procedures to see if they might represent improvements over existing methods.
- File & manage tender documents in line with established data management systems and procedures.
- Monitor a portfolio of major suppliers to ensure that they are delivering required levels of service to fulfill the organization’s overall supplier management strategy.
- Monitors logistics to make sure they run smoothly.
- Implement assigned project milestones (small-scale or medium-scale projects) by working within an established program management plan.
- Track assigned projects to ensure successful completion.
- Identifies shortcomings, then suggests and implements improvements to existing business practices, while developing and delivering projects or a work stream within the organization’s change management program with guidance from senior colleagues.
- Negotiates & develops service level agreements while planning, coordinating and supervising activities related to major contracts.
- Renews, terminates & extends supplier contracts six months before the contract closure.
- Provides input into the development of compliance policies, develops underlying procedures and monitors their implementation for area of responsibility within the organization
- Manages important client relationships with guidance from senior colleagues or oversees relationship management with a group of more transactional clients and customers
- Processes and responds to a broad range of vendor questions and issues raised through any communications channels (in person, telephone, email, etc.)
- Respond to customer queries within 14 days.
- Conducts performance evaluation for suppliers and vendors in order to maintain quality services. Develops and maintains suppliers’ database to ensure all data are updated.
- Participate in the development of procedures within the area of expertise with guidance from senior colleagues, then monitors implementation of those procedures within the organization.
- Delivers routine support services to others by using the organization’s safety, health and environment systems and protocols.
- A recognised University Degree in Supply Chain Management or Equivalent.
- At least three (3) years post qualification experience in the field of sourcing and materials management.
- With at least two (2) years’ experience of planning and managing resources to deliver predetermined objectives as specified by senior managers.
- Drive For Results
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Skills
- Management Excellence
- Values Ethic and Integrity
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Thinking
- Process Management
- Action Oriented
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 05th March 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.