Responsible for transporting people and material from surface to underground using a cage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Transports men and material in the shaft conveyance in accordance with Mine standard operating procedures and legal requirements
- Erects shaft examination platforms on conveyances as per safety standard
- Conducts daily cage inspections
- Adheres to the company safety rules and procedures throughout the working day by team members and takes necessary remedial action in accordance with company policies and standards.
- General housekeeping around the shaft area
- One year experience as a cage tender
- Completed cage tender course
- Time Management
- Written/Oral Communication
- Emotional Stability
- Ability to demonstrate PNR values and core competencies
Closing date: March 19, 2023