To provide a comprehensive bricklaying and construction service to the mine more especially underground, building ventilation walls in accordance with the relevant safety regulations and departmental procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Building the ventilation walls and all other necessary construction work underground, at both Selebi & Selebi North Mines.
- Take down and rebuild or build new, brick or block walls as necessary.
- Identify and rectify defects in brickwork as required.
- Cut out brickwork and clean out cavity, reinstate brickwork as required.
- Prepare and lay concrete footings for brickwork.
- Remove and relay concrete paths.
- Lift and relay/renew paving stones.
- Renew concrete floors including excavation.
- Rake out and re-point brickwork.
- Renew bituminous damp proof courses.
- Drill and inject for liquid damp proof courses.
- Carry out programmed and maintenance work within PNRB premises.
- National Craft Certificate in Bricklaying & Plastering
- 3-5 years as a bricklayer
- Experience in similar industry will be an added advantage
- Ability to understand technical drawings
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Ability to live and embody PNRB Values and core competencies.