BCM Specialist (3 years Contract)
Reporting to the Risk & Strategy Manager, the individual will be responsible for ensuring the organization’s resilience in the face of unforeseen disruptions involving the development and implementation of robust business continuity plans. As a Business Continuity Specialist, you will be the architect of preparedness, focusing on disaster recovery, crisis management, and overall business resilience to safeguard the organization’s assets, people, and reputation.
- Plan Development: Initiate and oversee the development of comprehensive business continuity and disaster recovery plans. These plans should be tailored to the organization’s unique structure, intricacies, and specific needs.
- Recovery Strategies: Define and document detailed recovery strategies and procedures. These strategies are aimed at minimizing downtime and mitigating the impact of disruptions on business operations.
- Risk Assessments: Conduct thorough risk assessments to identify potential threats and vulnerabilities. This involves thorough examination of critical business functions to ensure a comprehensive understanding of potential disruptions.
- Educational Programs: Develop and execute training programs to educate employees on business continuity protocols, crisis response, and the specific roles they play during disruptions.
- Collaborative Risk Identification: Collaborate with risk management teams to identify, assess, and proactively manage risks that could jeopardize business operations. This involves a proactive and ongoing assessment of potential risks and vulnerabilities.
- Team Establishment: Establish and lead a crisis management team, defining roles, responsibilities, and communication protocols. This team acts as the front-line during emergencies, requiring clear direction and coordination.
- Post-Incident Reviews: Conduct thorough post-incident reviews to identify strengths and areas for improvement in business continuity strategies. This involves a critical analysis of the organization’s response to specific incidents.
Skills and Competencies:
The candidate should exhibit the following:
- Analytical Skills Technical Proficiency
- Communication Skills Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Crisis Leadership Time Management
- Regulatory Knowledge Flexible, receptive and adaptive
- Integrity and trust
Academic Qualification and Experience
The candidate should have attained the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Risk Management, Information Technology, or a related field is required.
- Certification in Business Continuity (e.g., CBCP, CBCI) is highly preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years in developing and implementing business continuity and disaster recovery plans is crucial.
Closing date: 01 February 2024