This position is responsible for providing effective and timely engineering support to Operations.
This position is responsible for providing effective and timely engineering support to Operations, Construction and Vendors to achieve daily operational excellence, safety, process control and reliability. Responsible for process monitoring, audits, investigations trials and troubleshooting.
Key Performance Areas
- Prepare all installation and selection documents for all mechanical equipment’s.
- Preparing reports, designs and drawings
- Selecting appropriate construction materials
- Conduct an Inspection all mechanical equipment’s and provide analysing report to ensure adherence to all present technology.
- Monitoring and inspecting work undertaken by contractors to check conditions / foundations.
- Provide appropriate solutions for all parties and evaluate and analyse project requirements and design all piping specifications and recommend appropriate alternatives.
- Provides support to fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and specifications.
- Evaluates field installations and recommends design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Coordinates activities with other project disciplines involved in fabrication, operation, application, and installation or repair of various materials, products or systems.
- Provide assistance to all senior management and recommend improvements to all design and to analyse all equipment and maintain efficient relation with all plant personnel.
- Planning, organizing, and coordinating.
- Analytical minded and statistic driven.
- Excellent numerical skills and computer literacy.
- Proven experience as construction project management
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with construction/ project management software
- Physical fitness and ability to complete manual handling tasks.
- Customer service orientation
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities
Qualification & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Degree, Diploma and or Certificate in Mechanical or Mechanical Skilled qualifications
- 15 years of practical experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the construction management experience in a construction environment.
- Valid light vehicle Driver’s Licence