ASSISTANT WELLNESS OFFICER (X1) SIX (6) MONTHS FIXED TERM CONTRACT-GABORONE
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 04 October 2023.
Main purpose of the position
To create healthy lifestyle programs , implement , engage and educate employees in the adoption of healthy lifestyle choices in the Corporation to create a supportive environment and ensure a healthy and productive workforce.
- Monitors the department administrative duties for both internal and external stakeholders, records, external service procurement, medical examinations bookings, and service records & ensure that they are properly undertaken.
- Assists to implement wellness programme interventions.
- Supports wellness coordinators in the promotion of a total employee wellbeing program to reduce health risk amongst employee costs and encourage healthy lifestyle.
- Mobilises employees and facilitates access to onsite and offsite voluntary counselling and testing for chronic ailments for early detection and treatment of illnesses.
- Assists to conduct behaviour change activities and improves staff morale for the prevention of lifestyle diseases among Employees.
- Facilitates access to physical fitness facilities for improved employee wellness and health.
- Assist to coordinate the Peer Educators activities, to strengthen capacity for delivering the wellness program.
- Supports the department and liaise with external service providers, including health professionals and medical facilities to optimize the delivery of wellness initiatives.
- Conducts pre & post counselling for employees with psychosocial problems to empower them and enhance productivity.
- Assists the Wellness Coordinator to track, report and follow Ill health cases. Also ensures that staff are aware of the existing policies and avail it to staff. Notifies the insurance of the ill health cases.
- Maintains a record of all ill health cases.
- Assess employee health cases to establish the level of fitness.
- Refer ill health cases to the Insurer for further assessment.
- Ensures all sites have appointed peer educators.
- Supports Peer educators to have up to date IEC materials and health corners in sites.
- Maintains up to date records of list of Peer educators.
- Support the Wellness coordinator during trainings and report writings.
- Builds Peer educators interest in the program by building morale and manage incentives packages.
- Assists to plan and implement Corporate Wellness activities and fairs that contribute towards the attainment desired health status and fitness levels.
- Assist to coordinate staff attendance of corporate events and registers.
- Represent the Corporation at the different National health events and report back action items.
- Assist the Wellness coordinator in ensuring that issues raised by internal and external customers are resolved. Keeps records of those issues and implements a customer satisfaction survey.
- Conducts research on health-related topics and educates staff on the same.
- Train staff and Peer educators on health-related disciplines.
- Supports the wellness coordinator in ensuring that staff are educated and encouraged to engage in activities that will promote their physical fitness and healthy eating habits.
- Supports the department by Liaising with external physical fitness stakeholders & facilitate participation of staff on scheduled fitness activities.
- Assists to Plan & implement internal physical fitness activities such as weight loss challenge, wellness day & sporting events.
- Promotes health and wellness services through information, education, campaigns, and communication sessions and ensures that IEC materials are available to staff all the time.
- Assists to provide motivational talks to encourage staff to focus on a high-performance culture.
- Supports the Wellness coordinator to organise & facilitate team building initiatives.
- Promotes safety awareness in line with SHER requirements through periodic audits.
- Conducts Ill Health management education, assessment, and notification of clients to the insurer.
- Minimum of a Degree in Health Promotion or related field
- Membership to a professional Society/body would be an added advantage
- Direct Entry
- Action Oriented
- Drive For Results
- Management Excellence
- Problem Solving
- Process Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Values Ethic and Integrity
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 04 October 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.