ASSISTANT SYSTEMS ANALYST (x1) SIX (6) MONTHS FIXED TERM CONTRACT-GABORONE
In its pursuit to become a Competitive Commercial Power Utility within the Region, Botswana Power Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified, highly energetic, dynamic, result oriented, innovative, and customer focused individuals, who believe they can be part of a great team that delivers power to Botswana to apply for the below listed position not later than 04 October 2023.
Main purpose of the position
To analyse, develop and modify general computer applications software, database or specialized programs for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency
- Solves known problems and/or delivers prescribed outcomes by performing designated development/engineering activities using existing systems.
- Develops and tests software systems and documentation.
- Modifies existing software or database to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Integrates software components and third-party programs
- Troubleshoots, debugs and upgrades existing software
- Analyses specified problems and issues to find the best technical and/or professional solutions.
- Investigates questions related to existing programs, processes and procedures
- Uses the knowledge management system to access required information for specific purposes
- Accesses required information for specific purposes using the data management system
- Assess system performance and make recommendations for software, hardware, and data storage improvements.
- Report any errors identified during data review to appropriate team members and assist in resolving issues
- Implements improvements and provides feedback while using change management systems and protocols to provide routine supportive services.
- Produces accurate reports for others by collecting data from a variety of standard sources and inputting that data into standard formats.
- Stores, retrieves, and manipulates data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
- Creates a local document management system to support an office or department.
- Reviews identified shortcomings in current compliance processes, systems and procedures and works with guidance to ensure solution of ad hoc problems within the assigned unit/(sub)discipline
- Carries out prescribed internal client management activities and provides support to others by following existing procedures.
- Delivers own prescribed outcomes and/or provides support services by using the organisations safety, health and environment systems and protocols.
- Degree in Information Systems / Information Technology or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Web Development, ABAP, Java, SAP and C# would be an added advantage.
At least one (1) post qualification experience in a systems/applications environment.
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Drive For Results
- Interpersonal Skills
- Management Excellence
- Problem Solving
- Process Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Values Ethic and Integrity
Interested and suitably qualified applicants are requested to apply by no later than 04 October 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.