Title: Assistant Engineer
Description: Debswana Diamond Company would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the position listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual.
Purpose of the Role
To acquire practical engineering through a proficiency-based development program in a preparation for a substantive appointment to the position of Maintenance Engineer in a heavy Engineering environment.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Acquire and demonstrate proficiency (knowledge, skill and experience) in the Engineering Discipline (Fixed Plant, Mobile Plants and Engineering Services)
- Demonstrate understanding of the business chain
- Acquire knowledge on the implementation of and adherence to legal and corporate governance- principles/requirements
- Acquire knowledge on the implementation of safety, health and environmental programmes
Other Job Responsibilities
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Equivalent
- O Level
2 years’ experience in an Engineering environment.
- Planning, Coordination and Execution
- Concern for Safety, Health and the Environment
- Achievement Orientation
- Problem solving
Debswana is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that we only contact shortlisted candidates.