MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This role is critical in ensuring the effective assessment of credit applications. Incorrect credit decisions expose the Bank to risk which in turn can result in financial losses. The role is critical to analyse and evaluate applications for loans and recommend viable loans for approval/rejection/rescheduling in accordance with the bank’s credit policy.
- To verify and check all necessary documentation for the completeness of documentation.
- To ensure and maintain continuous monitoring of current credit portfolio and manage both client arrears and client dishonors in order to maintain a clean portfolio.
- To analyze and evaluate loan applications and recommend viable applications for approval/rejection/rescheduling in accordance with the bank’s credit policy.
- To ensure handing over of all necessary documents after assessment to client relations for record keeping.
- To adhere to credit policies and procedures within defined discretionary limits.
- To adhere to all company/policies and procedures
- Ensure quality recommendations
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Economics, Accounting or equivalent.
- Professional Banking qualification such as AIOB will be an added advantage.
- At least 1-2 years credit assessment/or similar experience with a demonstrated track record
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- Decision Making
Closing date: September 08, 2023