This position is responsible for installing, repairing, and maintaining piping systems for heating and cooling of the plant.
This position is responsible for installing, repairing, and maintaining piping systems for heating and cooling of the plant, and to Install and configure automatic pipe control systems. Maintains equipment in relevant trade using appropriate maintenance technologies to ensure optimum equipment availability and reliability of the process plant:
Key Performance Areas
- To execute the installation, maintenance, and modifications of equipment in the line of trade (i.e., mechanical)
- Adheres to quality assurance / governance protocol / principles in area of responsibility.
- Recommends and incorporate cost saving initiatives into budget and operates within approved parameters.
- Verifying the planned maintenance schedule and recommending appropriate amendments as necessary.
- Performing inspections and identifying areas needing attention.
- Diagnosing faults and assessing the requirements for spares, labour, tools/equipment, and time, advising the supervisor to ensure availability.
- Interpreting equipment performance characteristics.
- Carries out scheduled /non-scheduled installations, repairs and overhauls in compliance with engineering standards and procedures.
- Provides feedback to the supervisor on tasks completed to ensure that equipment maintenance history is captured and documented correctly.
- Provides updates to the supervisor on work-in-progress to ensure effective workflow by: Performing inspections on work carried out by apprentices and maintenance operatives.
- Inspecting and assessing equipment performance and condition.
- Plans for work to be done by:
- Assisting in the maintenance and repair, to perform/assist in Fitting duties and maintenance with the qualified Fitter.
- Attend to breakdown and plant equipment failures.
- Do standby and be prepared to work overtime if required.
- Work according to personal health, safety, and environment protocol at mine site
- Identify, use various tools, tackles and handle heavy materials used in fit-up of fabricated components.
- In-depth knowledge of rigging equipment and heavy machinery.
- Excellent hearing and vision.
- High-level mathematical skills.
- Ability to work at heights and in noisy environments.
- Physical fitness and ability to lift heavy equipment.
- Ability to work outdoors in harsh weather conditions.
Qualification & Experience
- National Craft Certificate (NCC): Fitting
- Valid Driver’s License
- 3-5 years working as an Artisan Fitter