BotswanaPost is on a journey to excellence with the aim to build a high performance and people centered organization that is fit-to-serve and fit-to-grow. The organisation invites suitably qualified, innovative, results orientated and self-driven individuals to apply for the positions described below and join a team of professionals to drive service excellence.
APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER X 3 (GABORONE) – BPS 33/2/3 Vol.1 (41)
To oversee and actively participate in the overall application development for the organisation. Gathering functional and non-functional requirements and translates those into working and effective programming code for use by the business. The incumbent will gather requirements, amend, develop, test, debug and supports application development including systems developed by third parties. This also includes addition of new services. The incumbent will ensure that the organisation’s application development needs are met. The position directly reports to Manager Development & Innovation (Product Development).
- Advises the business units regarding the use of various systems
- Provides expert knowledge on optimisation of business using application development tools and methodologies
- Provides a clear strategy on the application development needs of the organisation
- Understand client requirements and how to translate them into programming code
- Delivers across the entire software development life cycle
- Collaborate with a team of IT professionals to meet business needs
- Write high quality source code within agreed timelines for use by the business
- Develop, debug and test programming code
- Develop application development frameworks to ease development
- Develop reusable code and re-use existing software in development
- Develop technical documents Maintain existing applications
- Receives requests from business for service or problems resolution
- Engages partners and suppliers on interfacing with BotswanaPost systems and actively participates in developing such interfaces
- Keep up with latest trends on new techniques, frameworks, and tools
- Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent.
- Software related certifications e.g. Microsoft Certified Professional Developer
- At least 4 years’ experience in a high paced Software Development environment having worked at least 2 years without supervision as a software developer/ engineer
- Sound knowledge of project management, business procedures, business forms and computerised applications in a large, integral IT environment. Sound knowledge of multiple programming languages e.g. C#, Android, Java (J2EE), VB .NET, Python etc. Experience in developing USSD and web applications, Knowledge of web services and SOA (REST, SOAP, XML, JSON), Experience in using public API e.g. Social Media APIs, google web services etc. Understanding of business processes and constraints, In-depth knowledge of programming for different operating systems and platforms using development tools.
- Good communications & interpersonal skills
- Good coordination & organization skills
- Proactive & decisive Innovativeness
- Analytical & troubleshooting skills
- Time management
BotswanaPost offers attractive salaries and benefit packages that are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need to apply by enclosing an application letter, detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certified certificates and Omang/ID to:
Chief Human Capital Officer
P.O. Box 100 Gaborone
OR email a complete application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must be submitted on or before 28th February 2023.
NOTE: Please note that we only contact shortlisted candidates