Hiring Agency:Embassy Gaborone
Position Title:Administrative Clerk/Security Escort (WAE) (U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs))
Open Period:02/11/2021 – February 26/2021
Duty Location(s):2 Vacancy in
For More Info: HR Section
Hiring Path:• Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:For USEFM – FS Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
• U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) – All Agencies
Security Clearance Required:Top Secret Appointment Type Permanent Appointment Type Details:• FMA
• Definite not to exceed 1 year
• For applicants who are USEFMs, the final grade/step for these positions will be determined by Washington DC.Marketing Statement:
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The work schedule for this position is:
- When Actually Employed
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:No
Travel Required:Not Required
This position is under direct supervision by the Human Resources Officer with daily guidance by an assigned office where it provides office management support and security escort duties to embassy offices and sections in classified and non classified work spaces. The position also supports special Embasyy visits and projects and serves as back up to direct-hire Office Management Specialists in the Executive Office. The position is supervised by the Human Resources Officer (HRO) who assigns the job holder to embassy sections on an as needed basis.
The position requires a Top Secret security clearance. The position does not have a regular schedule, but instead works on a when-actually employed (WAE) basis. The employee must be available to work on evenings, weekends, early mornings, U.S. and Botswana holidays, as needed..
Qualifications and Evaluations
Minimum three years of experience in office management, clerical and/or customer service-related work is required.
Knowledge of office management procedures; familiarity with functions and procedures of various sections/units in the Embassy relating to clerical and administrative process; English spelling, grammar, formats, and style relating to correspondence preparation; computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Office environment (Windows Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook programs); general knowledge of Embassy operations, knowledge of the Embassy’s security requirements and procedures required.
High School diploma is required.
Level 4 (Fluent) speaking/reading/writing English is required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to use intranet/internet and Microsoft Office applications; ability to draft correspondence and cables; ability to exercise discretion, tact and diplomacy in dealing with customers are required. The incumbent must be able to respond to emergency service needs in office management and security escort areas with minimum to no advance notice. Ability to work under pressure by juggling a variety of urgent tasks and flexibility required.
Position must obtain Top Secret Clearance
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass security certification.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Gaborone, Botswana may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Medical and Security clearances.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information onhow to apply visit the Mission internet site.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application. ·
- High School diploma certificate
- High School transcript
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Letter(s) of recommendation
- List of references
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Gaborone, Botswana.
Leave A Comment