Accounts Payable Officer, Gaborone
The incumbent will be responsible for the coordination of account payments and maintaining a sound control environment around management of accounts payable and receivables.
• Monthly preparation of other balance sheet accounts allocated by the financial accounting manager, including the monthly reconciliation of the payment suspense account and sundry debtors.
• Make payments to suppliers with existing purchase orders and matching invoices to purchase orders.
• Process supplier payments in the system.
• Process staff claims on the system.
• Prepare cost analysis report on monthly basis, comparing to budget and prior year; and month- on-month trend analysis, including Group expense report.
• Ensure the correct accrual of costs.
• Ensure the timely clearing of the payment suspense accounts and reconciliation.
• Ensure the adequate computation of the prepaid expenses.
• Issuing WHT certificates to suppliers.
• Monthly supplier reconciliations.
• Sending monthly remittances to suppliers with every payment.
• Bachelors Degree in Finance or related discipline.
• 2+ years’ accounting experience post articles
• Accounting, Financial reporting skills.
• Sound knowledge of the full Microsoft Office suite.
• Attention to detail.
Access Bank (Plc) Botswana provides a competitive package and will offer the successful candidate a salary commensurate with the person’s qualifications and experience. If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, please send your application, cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic certificates, Omang and contacts of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered, your application must be received by 5th September 2023.
Only short- listed candidates will be contacted.