Our client in the energy regulation of electricity, petroleum and gas, Botswana Energy Regulatory Authority (BERA) requires the services of a knowledgeable, highly experienced and self-driven individuals for the following positions of:
Reporting to the Accountant
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To compile, consolidate, analyze financial information inclusive of developing accounting and financial statements, reports, and documents.
• Qualification Bachelors Degree in Finance. Accounting. Economics. Business Administration, or related fields, e.g. AAT/CAT and a masters would be an added advantage.
• Experience Minimum of 1 years’ post qualification experience in accounting or related fields.
• Professional Membership (s) Professional Membership of a recognised accountancy
institute such as BICA or ACCA / CA / CIMA / CIA would be an added advantage
• Develops financial statements such as cash-flow statements, balance sheets, income statements, profit and loss. etc.
• Captures the debit and credit entry in the journal daily, while ensuring supporting documents are attached, in accordance with international accounting guidelines.
• Records all the financial transactions conducted to make sure that they are in line with
the financial guidelines and policies of BERA.
• Collects and consolidates supplier invoices and ensures proper filing.
• Processes petty cash and conducts petty-cash reconciliation.
• Generates and issues invoices and statements to customers while following BERA’s policies and procedures.
• Plans and schedules payments for routine expenses (e g., insurance, subscriptions).
• Updates the fixed assets register of BERA on a regular basis and makes sure of its accuracy.
• Collects, consolidates and archives financial and accounting information from all departments to check for the fairness and accuracy of the information.
• Supervises BERA’s bank accounts activities by answering bank queries and monitoring transactions.
• Reviews all the transactions to make sure that they are in line with the financial guidelines and policies of BERA
• Supervises and monitors BERA’s bank accounts to keep track of all baking activities.
• Planning & Execution
• Innovating and Initiating Change
• Delivering Quality Service
• Communicating Effectively
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Ethics. Integrity, and Trust
• Team Work and Partnering
Interested applicants should forward their complete applications. CVs and certified copies of educational certificates (providing at least three referees)
to the following on or before the 16th November 2023:
Email: email@example.com OR apply online www.ehcc.co.bw
For any enquiries please email to: enquiriesaehcc.co.bw or 3112333.
NOTE: Write the reference number of the post you are interested in as the Subject.
We regret to inform that we will only get in contact with only shortlisted candidates