We are looking for a passionate and result-oriented women with excellent interpersonal skills to join our organisation;
ACCOUNTANT – HEAD-OFFICE
Reporting to the Director: Finance and Accounts, The Accountant is responsible for maintaining financial, accounting and grant support services in order to meet the needs of the organization. She/ he assists the Finance & Account Director in the preparation of financial management report, cash flow forecast and maintenance of the nominal ledger.
The accountant ensures accurate and timely document processing in line with departmental procedures and provides relevant reports
• Ensures proper accounting processes are followed by HwwB staff in order ensure the achievement of the set goals
• Works closely with the Administration Manager in preparation of procurement plan
• Preparation of Funds Request
• Supervise junior staff to ensure all cash books are updated weekly
• Get monthly cash flow projections from other departments
• Plays an active role in assisting the Finance & Accounting Director on preparation of external and internal audit
• Ensures timely payments e.g suppliers, tax, employees, rentals etc External Relationship Management
• Coordinate Supplier relationships through a maintenance of critical supplier listing
• Coordinates processing of cash book entries weekly
• Providing accurate financial information to the Director
• Prepare management accounts, financial information, budgets, cash flows and ad-hoc reports
• Prepare monthly cash projections and send to the Director for approval
• Actively participates in preparation of management accounts
• Ensures HwwB spending complies with the budget
• Coordinates preparation of internal and external audit
• Responds to donor’s financial and procurement queries
• Ensure HwwB staff complies with both Procurement and Financial policies and procedures
• Effective supervision of junior staff and work closely with managers
Organization and document management
• Donor reports: Timely review and submission of complete and accurate donor reports for all projects within portfolio to Finance and Accounts Director
Qualifications & Experience required
• Degree in Accounting/ Finance/ Fully Qualified AAT of recognised equivalent
• 3 to 5 years accounting experience
• Experience on Pastel Evolution
• Experience in grants management
• Computer literate with excellent spreadsheet and database software skills
• Experience in managing donor funds especially United States government funds would be an added advantage
Basic knowledge HR systems preferably Sage VIP.
Skills and Competencies
• Attention to detail
• Good analytical and Strategic thinking skills
• Supervisor skills
• Good presentation skills
Suitably qualified candidates should send their applications; Cover letter and detailed Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org , applications must be addressed to ‘’The HR Manager’’, with the title of the position you are applying for as Subject line.
NOTE: To be considered your application should be received on or before 20/01/2023.
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.